Tuesday 28 June 2011

Nou Camp

One of the biggest reasons why I wanted to go to Barcelona was to visit Camp Nou, home stadium of FC Barcelona!

Having been to both Bernabeu and Camp Nou in the same visit, I think Bernabeu feels slightly taller and their tour is more systematic and their display is better organized, more to see and commercialized. But Camp Nou organized something a little cheesy but to me, was the biggest difference between the 2 stadiums.

For Bernabeu, we would exit from the playing field into the dressing room for viewing. In Camp Nou, we exit the dressing room into the field and they play crowd noise at the exit. I think for soccer players, you will understand what I mean and it was that experience that made me feel that the Camp Nou tour was messy but more catered for the EXPERIENCE.

I also got to hear how the song of Barca was sung and their use of technology in terms of their videos, touchscreens was really good.There was this incredible video room that was really huge and showed some of the past highlights of the previous Champions League - it was cool. I took a video of it, as a photo just won´t do it justice.

Overall, I loved the experience of coming here and I learnt a lot about FC Barcelona from the visit - it was the first place i went upon reaching Barcelona! that was how much I wanted to come here. I think I spent about 3 hours here and oh.. I got to lift the Champion´s League trophy (no picture though)!

No comments:

Post a Comment