Tuesday 21 June 2011

Segovia - Recap

Let me recap the first place I went to in Spain, and that was Segovia. This is a small town about an hour away from Madrid and the highlights of this place was the Alcazar, the Church as well as an imposing acqueduct which was still standing. Also, this place was famous for its Cochinillos, which was roasted suckling pig.


I took this picture at a tower of the fort, otherwise known as the Alcazar. It was an interesting place and it talked about the significance of the fort. Inside were many suits of armour and it was a very interesting place because of its history behind it.

The picture below is that of the acqueduct and it is an imposing figure in one of the plazas there at Segovia. In fact, many people were sitting around in the presence of this imposing igure, bidding their time to chill out.


Besides the 2 attraction mentioned above, there was also a cathedral which was one of the biggest which I have seen in Europe so far. I took photos inside, but I don´t have space to put everything here, so I will only place what I took of the cathedral at night.





I also tried out the cochinillo and thpough it was quite expensive, it was incredibly nice tastng. It´s like roasted pork with a crispy skin and it was not dry. It was so excellent that I finished it until there was literally nothing left.


Segovia was a wonderful little town that was rather nice to just walk around and explore. There were like 30 small museums and chapels but I just visited the main ones because I wanted time to chill and people watch instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment